For quite some time many of you have requested for sd-card solution to sell courses securely through sd-card or off-line access. We are glad to fulfil your request by releasing sd-card solution on Learnyst. This article will help you know how to sell your courses through sd-card for your learners. As you know with sd-card solution you can sell your courses to students in remote towns and villages where there is limited or slow Internet connectivity.
Prerequisites for enabling a course for sd-card sale:
- Your account on Learnyst should have active android app subscription
- Course should be of encrypted type
- Content dripping feature should be disabled
- Course should be paid course
You can make an encrypted course ready for sd-card sale through following steps:
- From the admin dashboard navigate to SD-CARD SOLUTION feature on left nav bar. From the list of courses, select an encrypted course you wanted enable for sd-card sale.
- Click activate course button available at top-right of the page
- Accept the dialogue after going through the information displayed regarding sd-card solution.
- You will be redirected to course settings > Pricing tab. Select course selling mode either to sell "sd-card only" or "Both" . selecting "sd-card only" will make the course available only for sd-card sale, selecting "both" will make course available for both online access and sd-card purchase.
- Once the selling mode is set to enable sdcard sale, fill the pricing details for sdcard Purchase. sdcard course price may contain "actual course price + sdcard hardware + Learnyst activation charges + shipment charges". Save the changes by clicking save option.
- If the course is already published, Learners will be able order sd-card by making online payment.
- Now its time to make sd-card ready for shipment, navigate to sd-card solution page and select the course for which you have enabled sd-card purchase option. If the encrypted course is ready for download in zip format, click download package button and save it your personal computer.
- Extract the entire zip file content to new folder with the course name.For example, If your course name is "ABC complete course" then create a folder with name "ABC complete course" and copy the zip file content to that folder.
- Copy the entire folder to sd-card and check the course content using your mobile app.
- To test-verify the sd-card content through mobile app, login with Admin or sub-admin account. Once all the lesson media content is verified and working fine, you can make several copies of the same content to sdcards and ship to your Learners.
- Before shipping sd-card to learners, activate their account for sd-card access by paying activation charges to Learnyst.
Limitations of SD-CARD solution:
- Only course media types like videos, PDFs, Images will be available within sd-card (course zip file). If course contains lessons with other media types like HTML blog lesson, Quizzes, embedded youtube/vimeo videos etc then Learner needs to access them on-line by connecting to Internet.
- Image content will not be encrypted
- SCORM Lessons can't be accessed if the purchase type is SDCARD access. SCORM content will be available only for Learners who has purchased Online- Streaming type access.
Suggestions for better usage of sd-card solution:
- As sd-card course content cannot be updated remotely after shipping to learner, we recommend you to sell sd-card solution only after successfully uploading complete course content.
- We recommend using sd-card hardware from reputed brands which provide good quality and warranty service. The higher the sdcard class, the more performance it provides.
- Since learners require Internet while accessing the sd-card for the first time, we recommend you to note this while marketing your sd-card courses. Also for DRM licensing reasons it may be required to connect to Internet if the app is not connected to Internet for more than a month.
NOTE: We currently support total size of course content upto 3gb for an single course for SDCARD selling.