Facebook login/sign-up option is a great one to have on your website as it relieves you from setting up your own authentication settings.
It also helps your learners to login/sign up without creating another new combination of email ID and password.
So now let me tell you how to configure Facebook login/sign up for your school.
This is a really long post. So, please be with me till the end. I will take you through each step as clearly as I can.
Note: Check this article on how to enable Facebook signup on mobile
Facebook Login Setup
The first step to enable FB login in your academy is to set up your Facebook developer account and app. So, let us do that first.
- Go to the developers.facebook.com page. On the upper-right corner of the page. There will be either the 'Get Started' or 'My apps' button.
– If you see the 'My app' button, simply click on it.
Click on create a new app
And select the option as shown below.
Fill in your academy details and click the Create App button.
Add Products To Your App
So, in the first step, we created a developer account and app Id. Now, we will add the Facebook Login. (Facebook refers to it as a product)
- After creating your app, the first product to add will be a Facebook login. Hover your mouse over the Facebook login, as shown
- Next, select the Web option if you want the web login.
- Insert your site URL and click Save. For e.g: youracademyname.com and proceed to configure your FB app steps below.
Configure Your FB App
Here, you will give specific instructions to the app so that your learners can sign in using their FB id without any issue.
- Now click on Settings>Advanced on the left panel.
- Next, Enable the Native & Desktop App and Secret Key Enabled option.
- Scroll down to the Share Redirect Allow List. In this list, you will give the sign-in, signup, and home page of your academy. Click Save changes
Note: If you don't know how to get the signup and sign-in page required in the above step, see this screenshot
- Next, click on Facebook Login on the left side and click on settings.
- Enable Yes to Client OAuth Login, Web OAuth Login, Embedded browser Oath Login, Login from devices.
- Enter your academies home page, sign in, and signup page in the valid OAuth Redirect URL's
- Once you have enabled all this option, go to the top, and enable the app.
- The app will appear Live as shown.
Adding The App ID and Secret Key In Learnyst
So far, we have created the app, configured it with our signup pages, and set it LIVE.
Now, let us add the FB code in your Learnyst admin id.
- Click on Settings > Basic on the left panel. There you will see the App Id, App secret. Copy them both.
- Now go to your admin dashboard and click on the Users tab and from dropdown click on "Signup Settings"
- Click on configure next Facebook sign up
- Paste the App id and App Secret Key from your FB app, paste it in the box and click on Update
- The Facebook signup option will now be enabled for your learners.
- As a learner, when I try to sign-up to your academy, I will be able to login using my Facebook credentials.
Hope this article helped you to set up Facebook login for your academy.
You can also check :
- how to enable google signup for your web academy
- how to enable google signup for your mobile academy
Enable these social signups and allow learners to signup easily to your academy.