Previously, you could enable your learners to sign up using their Google+ accounts. But, since March 7, 2019 the Google+ Sign-in has been completely deprecated. Presently, Google has shifted to a more comprehensive Google Sign-in authentication system. Now, you can allow your learners to sign up using their Google accounts.
To set up the Google login/sign up for your students you need to copy the client ID, client secret key and API key from your Google developer account to your learner profile builder in Learnyst admin panel. If you are wondering how you can do this, let me guide you through the setup process.
- Login to https://console.developers.google.com with your Gmail credentials.
- You can either create a new project or choose an existing project as shown below.
- Now, after creating a project you can enter the project name and the location in the boxes provided as shown below.
- Then go to https://developers.google.com/identity/sign-in/web/sign-in and click on “Configure Project” and select the project you created to configure as shown below.
- Now, enter your online academy name in the Product name box and click on “Next” as shown below.
- Now, you can download the client configuration by clicking on “Download Client Configuration”. Also, copy the client ID and client secret as shown below. You need to save this client ID and client Secret in Learnyst admin panel (Refer to the last step).
- Now, to create an API key go to “Credentials” and click on “Create credentials” and then on “API key” as shown below.
- Now, the API key is created. Finally copy the API key and save it.
- Then, log in to your Learnyst account as an admin and go to “Profile Builder” under “Website” and then click on “Enable” beside “Google Sign Up” as shown below.
- Finally, paste the client ID, client secret key and API key in the boxes provided and then click on “Save” as shown below.