Remembering passwords is a big pain for anyone. That is why Google has introduced the sign-in option to allow learners to login to websites easily.
In this article, let us learn how to use this Google feature on your academy website.
Note: This article is only for website users. To configure google sign-in for mobile, check this article.
First, you will create a project in https://console.developers.google.com
Then, you will create a consent screen like the above & get the client id, secret key, and API key.
If you are wondering how you can do all this, let me guide you through the setup process.
Create A Project in Console
- Login to https://console.developers.google.com with your Gmail credentials.
- You can either create a new project or choose an existing project as shown below.
- Now, after creating a project you can enter the project name in the boxes provided as shown below.
- This will take you to the Credentials screens. Here, we will have to create the API keys.
Create API Keys
- Now, to create an API key go to “Credentials” and click on “Create credentials” and then on “API key” as shown below.
- Now, the API key is created. Finally copy the API key.
- You can either copy this key in a notepad or paste it into your admin dashboard in Learnyst.
- After copying the API key, press the Restrict Key button
- Scroll down to the Application Restrictions and select the HTTP referrers (option) and click on Add an Item
- Now, enter the website URL and click on Done
- Scroll down to the bottom and press the Save button.
- Next, let us configure this project by creating the OAuth Consent Screen
Configure the Consent Screen
- The consent screen tells your users who are requesting their data & what data you are asking for access to. For e.g: like this image below
- Follow the below steps to create a consent screen.
- Now, enter your online academy's app name, support email, and logo info as shown.
Scroll down the page. Enter the App domain details as shown and click on save and continue.
Right now we have completed the Oauth Consent Screen and moved to the Scopes scene as shown.
Scroll down the scopes screen and click on next.
Likewise, click save and continue for test users screens
Once you reach the Summary page, click on the Back to the Dashboard button.
- Later, under credentials choose “OAuth Client Id”
- Then click on “Create” as shown below.
- Now your OAuth Client is created. You can copy and save this client id & client secret key & use it later in the Learnyst admin dashboard.
Copy the keys in Learnyst Admin Panel
- Now go to your admin dashboard and click on the Users tab and from dropdown click on "Signup Settings"
- Click on configure next Google sign up
- Here you need to paste the client ID, client secret key, and API key in the boxes provided and then click on “Update” as shown below.
- Now, go to your website builder by clicking on the website builder option
- Click on Save. And then, click on Publish button.
- As soon as you Update, your students will be able to signup from your online academy using their google signup login.
Hope this article, helped you to integrate google signup in your online academy.
To know how to enable google signup from mobile, please refer Enable students to signup using google - For your Mobile App
You can also check :
- how to enable facebook signup for your web academy
- how to enable facebook signup for your mobile academy
Enable these social signups and allow learners to signup easily to your academy.